Sunday, August 15, 2021

Behind the Eyes of Dorian Gray


I am a huge fan of the original story, The Picture of Dorian Gray. As a kid, I remember watching the movie from 1945 and I loved it. I finally read the book as an adult, several years ago and discovered an even deeper love of the story.

This book is fantastic. A Gothic romance story that's captivating and has the most wonderful twist ending. The story opens two years after Dorians death, the house and the infamous painting being all packed and stored away, never to be seen again. Until, a hundred or so years later, a woman buys the townhome and the painting of the mysterious man. Rachal Lafferty is a best selling author who has spent a long time restoring the home to its former Victorian glory. Soon after hanging his portrait, she starts to experience strange things around the home. Dorian has been able to exit the portrait and he finds that she can see him. They have a whirlwind romance and I felt it was written well. A few steamy sex scenes thrown in and some drama with a best friend, and it makes for a quick read. I was able to read this in a few hours. 

I have to admit although I loved the twist part of the ending, I was sad about another aspect of it, although I wont spoil it. I really enjoyed this book and will definitely be looking for more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...