Saturday, November 26, 2022

The Bucket List

"Think, Judy, MacGyver this f*****! Like the original, not that crappy reboot either. Be like Hannibal with a random garage, five minutes, and the A-Team van."

Ever think about all the things you'd like to do once you retire? My husband and I often talk about all the things we want to do once he retires, and our kids are grown. The first thing up on our list is to visit the Grand Canyon. There are other things of course and even if we never get to all of them, it's nice to just think about enjoying like together as we get older. 

However, although this book is about 3 couples that all have bucket lists, they each have very different lists. Especially the bed and breakfast owners, Marge and Albert. Things go from somewhat stranger, to even more strange, to downright deadly. 

This book will definitely have you rethinking taking a vacation to your local bed and breakfast. I myself, have never been to one and now I'm not sure I ever will. There is just something about staying in what is essentially someone's home that has never really interested me. 

The characters are relatable, well the two sane couples anyway. The setting is described very well and even though I love pink, it being my favorite color, the way this house is described, I would hate it. The writing is well paced, and the chapters are short which makes it for an easy read. I was able to read it in one afternoon. This is my first read by Chisto Healy, but if this story is any indication, I will definitely be checking out more from him. Beware though, blood, guts and flying body parts are more than a possibility when you stay at Beatrices Bed and Breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...