Monday, September 6, 2021

Cujo


As with other Stephen King books, I'm not sure what else I can say about this one that hasn't already been said.

The book is seemingly a sequel to The Dead Zone with mentions of Frank Dodd and John Smith. I muddled through this book the best I could, but as big a King fan that I am, I just couldn't get into this one. First off, a lot of it felt like filler, like it could have been a short story and not a novel. Second, I have a soft spot for animals and reading about a dog with rabies that I know will die is not something I really enjoy. However the core story is scary and gut wrenching which is why I gave it 4 stars.

I don't really have much else to say about it. I only read it as part of a Castle Rock anniversary read a long. Otherwise it is not one of his books that I would have chosen on my own. I have seen the movie and I remember thinking that that was enough. As a mother and a dog lover, this was a hard one. Give me serial killers and murder any day, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...