Thursday, September 16, 2021

The Girl in the Scarlet Chair: Haunting Clarisse #1

I decided to pick this up because I signed up to read the 4th book in this series and figured it might be better if I started from the beginning. 

This book was not at all what I was expecting. The title makes it out to be a ghost type story but that's not what I got from it. Its more of a romance novel. 

Clarisse is a young girl from the Philippines who has recently gone through a terrible breakup with her fiancĂ©. Harry is a slightly older guy from Australia who has recently gone through a nasty divorce. They are introduced through friends and they start talking through skype. After about three months he comes to visit and they hit it off. Thrown into this romance is the story of a scarlet chair that has an evil spirit attached to it and the superstitions surrounding it. It seemed kind of like a side story to the romance between Clarisse and Harry. 

All in all the story was alright. Its not something I typically read and as I stated above, I got it so I could read the other three books after it. Hoping they are less romance, more hauntings, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...