Friday, December 3, 2021

Fatal Cure

I was contacted by the author to read this in advance. And let me tell you, I was blown away! I was literally crying in the last few chapters. A story of finding love in the wrong place, dangerous enemies and the redemption that comes when you meet the right person, who can love you like no one else. 

Fallon is a young woman with a heartbreaking past. Her parents once doted on her and she was the center of their world. Until a freak accident landed her mom in recovery on pain pills. Unfortunately, that's where the addiction started and it would not end well, as they often don't. Her father fell apart after the death of her mother, and he himself became an addict. Fallon has basically been on her own since she was 11. All grown up now, she's determined to make it as a DEA agent. Her life goal to destroy and raze the drug organizations that decimated her family and others like hers. 

On the morning she is supposed to be joining a new DEA task force, she decides to hit the gym to burn off some excess energy. While leaving she takes the elevator and is met with a tall, dark haired and muscular stranger with spellbinding eyes. He introduces himself as Dillon. Suddenly the elevator stops and they soon realize they are in grave danger as there is a fire about to take out the cables holding them up. They manage to get out through the escape hatch at the top and barely make it to the next floor when the fire consumes the cables and the car crashes below them. Once out, Dillon asks her out as a thank you for saving his life. If that's not an opening chapter, I don't know what is!

From here their relationship progresses pretty quickly, as they are both drawn to each other in a way neither can explain. While on their first date they talk about their pasts and inside they both realize that for many years they have pushed others out and that maybe this time it will be different. But all they've built up is about the explode when Fallon starts to uncover shocking truths about her parents, her past and the men she is hunting. She doesn't realize just how close she is to catching the people who destroyed her family. Dillon has enemies, a lot of them. Dirty, cruel and ruthless, people that will blow up entire cities to get their point across. When it's discovered that a major drug cartel is trying to make a move to the states, things heat up. Putting not only her life and Dillon's life in danger but thousands of the people she has sworn to protect. Can Fallon change the course of things and save the lives of those she loves before it's too late?

As I said above the author asked me to read this book. I have already read Deadly Illusions, the first book in this series. I absolutely loved it and was thrilled and honored to be asked to read this one. I love the fact that the author uses real locations that I can look up, it gives a sense that this could be a true story. Dillon is an alpha male, which I'm drawn to and Fallon and Dillon have a love that I know. An electric, "I knew this was my soul mate" kind of love. The last few chapters of this book are so wonderfully written. I was in tears. A romantic, page turner that will keep you guessing until the very end. I very much look forward to more from this author.  I agreed to read this book free from the author for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...