Saturday, December 25, 2021

Hope Wharf


This was another author request and as usual I was not disappointed! I love a good mystery and the description of this book definitely had me intrigued. 

The town of Hope Wharf is a seemingly sleepy little town where people love to come visit and the residents never leave. The book opens with one of the residents attempting to leave. Unfortunately, he doesn't make it, instead he's dead and his untimely death is used as a cautionary tale to keep others from even trying to leave. Years later, Ryan and his friend Zac are starting to suspect that the town isn't exactly all it seems. Zac is determined to leave the town. He wants to travel and see the world. One night they decide to try to make it to the edge of town. A mysterious fog envelops them, and Zac is taken over. Ryan is able to revive him, and they make it back to the wharf only to stumble upon an even bigger mystery. What is it about this town that keeps the locals trapped? 

Without going into too much more, this is a fantastic story. A novella with so much packed in you won't be able to put it down. Its fast paced with great attention to detail. With vivid descriptions and engaging characters, this coming-of-age story will have you guessing until the very end. I really enjoyed this story. A huge thank you to the author for reaching out and sending it to me to read. I will definitely be looking for more from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...