Sunday, February 13, 2022

Her Final Goodbye-Meg Dawson #2

I originally received this book after being accepted to an ARC team by the author. I love a good mystery and this one definitely grabbed my attention. I am happy to see it's a part of a series, so I'll get to see what other kinds of trouble Meg gets herself into. I haven't read the first book and although there were references to the plot of the first book, I was still able to enjoy this story by itself. 

Meg Dawson thought she would be following in her father's footsteps into a career as a police officer. Failing to pass the psychological test, she ends up writing for The Puget Sound Journal in Seattle. When she catches the story of a local teen that's been brutally murdered in what looks like a break in gone bad, she has no idea what she's gotten herself into. She finds a corrupt school sports team, drug manufacturing and hidden secrets that threaten to destroy several families in the area. She starts receiving threatening notes, is run off the road and eventually kidnapped. Can she help find the killer before she herself is a victim?

This story is full of action and is a definite page turner. The author does a good job of connecting all the threads and in the end all of it makes sense. A nice, suspenseful murder mystery. I will definitely be reading the first book and I look forward to seeing what else Meg gets into. 

1 comment:

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...