Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Feast of the Swamp Goblin- A Horror 'B-Book'

We have a love of B-horror movies in this house. My husband suggested this book for me to read and I have to say that I was not disappointed. Dubbed by the author a horror 'B-Book', it's just that and it's so much fun.

Five 20-something kids go into the woods on a graduation hike across the Canadian wilderness. They have no idea what they are walking into. They're the typical B-horror movie characters, the jock, the pretty one, the average girl, the guy in love with the average girl who has no idea and the nerd, throw in a grizzled old man on a vendetta to kill the "goblin" as he calls it, and you have the perfect story.  If this was a B-horror movie, it would have all the tropes that make them so wonderful, partaking in drinking, drugs and sex, plus splitting up and they saying, "I'll be right back"(clearly, they don't know the rules of a horror movie). This book oozes B-horror, from the beginning to the very end and you will not be disappointed. It's a fun, quick read that will keep you entertained from page one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...