Sunday, September 11, 2022

Anomalies and Curiosities-An Anthology of Gothic Medical Horror

My third foray into Short Story September and I chose a book from what has become one of my favorite publishing houses, Quill and Crow Publishing House. This is the 5th anthology series that I have read from them and I again, was not disappointed. This book is filled with 10 stories of gothic medical horror, each from a different author. 

Each of these stories are creepy, disturbing and horrific yet entertaining. They also remind of the years gone by of shocking medical treatments and insane asylums where people were often held against their will. All the writers bring their own take on the topic and even though the theme is the same, each story is original and unique in its own way. 

This is a fantastic collection, and it is very hard to choose a favorite. I really enjoyed "The Cannibal and the Barber" by Spyder Collins; Embryo by Nick Petrou and "Merciful"by Cassandra Thompson, although I appreciate all the stories and the efforts each author put into making medical horror come to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...