Monday, September 26, 2022

I Saw The Devil's Face-My Life With Joseph Michael Kalady


My normal go to true crime is usually serial killers and murder mystery books. However, the author of this book reached out to me personally, and after reading the description, I was willing to give it a try.

Joseph Michael Kalady was not a name that I recognized. As I said, most of the true crime I read revolves around serial killers. This man was a serial abuser. This man was a monster masquerading as a person who was kind and caring and helpful. He escaped what he deserved because of the times these crimes occurred and although he was ultimately arrested and served time, it was for crimes against the government and not the numerous crimes he committed against children. 

The book is written from the viewpoint of the person the abuse happened to. I know that I have not read another true crime book from this viewpoint, and it was every bit as horrific as you would think. The absolute hell that this person was put through as a child a through the actual abuse and then the subsequent hell she went through after being basically told to shut up and just move on with life is nothing short of heinous. The author doesn't give the gory details of what happened to her but what she does share is something no one ever, should have to experience, let alone a child. 

The book can be read as a stand-alone, although the author does allude to this possibly being part of a series. I believe this book has only scratched the surface of the gruesome tale. The only saving grace here is that Kalady is dead, and I can only hope that he is experiencing the exact same suffering he inflicted on those around him. This is a remarkable book, and I am thankful to the author for sending me a copy. I hope the author gets to the other books as I would read them and that she never gives up in her quest to speak out about her experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...