Thursday, September 8, 2022

The Copy/Paste Killer

This book really took me by surprise! I was contacted by the author to see if I would read this book and I am so glad that I accepted! This book is set during the very early days of the world wide web and before the internet really took off.

Harriet Gershwin is a young woman who lives in Bearmouth, New England and works at a dentist's office. Pretty much just the girl next door. Her boyfriend, Roger, has just procured an expensive laptop. He has told her not to touch it but one night she just can't help her curiosity and she stumbles upon an address that he copied and then pasted into his clipboard. On the surface, it seems like an innocuous address, that is until she hears on the news that a double murder has taken place there. 

Is Roger a murderer? Even worse is he a double murderer? Harriet is confused and not sure what to think and being new in town, she doesn't really have anyone she can turn to. She ends up going downstairs to her neighbor, Claudette Soto and they begin to form a friendship. Claudette immediately throws herself into figuring out if Roger is involved with the murders. Unfortunately, all too late, they will both uncover secrets that should have stayed hidden. Can Claudette uncover who the killer really is before she herself becomes a victim?

This book is full of twists and turns, false clues and dead ends. I had no idea how this was going to end, and I literally gasped when the killer was revealed. I had so many ideas on who it might be but had completely ignored the one person that made sense. The story is well written and entertaining. If you love a good mystery, then this is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...