Saturday, October 29, 2022

Billionaire Boogeyman

Todd Parker bursts onto the scene with this perfect book for the Halloween season, blowing it out of the park! As a cryptid enthusiast and a lover of all things supernatural and unexplained, this book is right up my ally. The author reached out to me to review a copy and after reading the description, I immediately said yes. 

Kirby Cronin is a videographer and amateur cryptid hunter. He spends his days doing videos for Bar mitzvahs, weddings and dentist testimonials. But his real passion is the unexplained. From Bigfoot to Aliens and everything in between, Kirby has been on a quest to discover the truth since he was a kid.

Vic Mitchum is a homicide detective in Boston. There has been a string of disappearances within the prostitute community and his fiancĂ© Kelsey Moss has just signed on to go under cover as one to find out what's happening to these women. Around the same time, Kirby comes to him and tried to convince him that an elite society of the world's wealthiest men is meeting in a secret museum under the streets of Boston and that they are responsible for the abductions. Vic immediately brushes him off as just another nutjob. That is until Kelsey is abducted, making her the fourth victim, they always disappear in fours. Hes then forced to confront his own skepticism and reaches out to Kirby to help. 

What transpires from there is nothing short of awesome. Without giving away too many spoilers, Ill just say that Kirby is not too far off the mark when it comes to his beliefs about Bigfoot and the elite society of evil men that are indeed meeting beneath the city. Can Vic make it inside this heavily guarded building and rescue Kelsey before she too becomes a victim of whatever these men are holding captive?

This book blew me away. I truly enjoyed the story, and I loved the premise. The characters are well written and believable, and you are really rooting for them as the navigate the lower levels of this so-called museum. You also spend several chapters rooting for the bad guys to not make it out. The ending of the book is so perfect. My only wish is that we got to see Kirby's reaction (and Ill leave it at that to avoid too many spoilers). I was actually tearing up over the ending. The book is a little longer than my average read, just over 4oo pages, but the chapters are short and there is so much action that I could not put it down, instead spending a little over 3 hours reading because I just had to find out what was going to happen. If you love a good action-packed horror thriller, then this is definitely the book for you! I absolutely cannot wait to see what other stories Todd has to tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...