Thursday, January 5, 2023

South by Southwest Wales Book 1

I love a good mystery, even better a crime novel with a noir vibe. I was sucked in from the first chapter.

Samson Valentine is an ex-cop turned private investigator who has been out of work for a while. Seems no one is interested in hiring an alcohol addled, cigarillo smoking has been. Hes also kind of delusional, believing to be an old noir crime detective from 1940's Chicago, all the while living in Cardiff.

When his upstairs neighbor is murdered along with a local prostitute, he begins a journey embroiled with a local crime boss and his syndicates. What happens next is one crazy incident after another. Hes hired by a rich woman because she believes her husband has put a hit out on her. His good friend, Steve, who owns the bar he frequents, is beaten within an inch of his life so they can get to Valentine. Can he discover who is behind all the crime within the city, save his friends and get justice for his dead friend before they take him out?

I really enjoyed this story. The characters are well written. I liked Valentine as a main character and found him to be solid throughout the book. I was able to read it over the course of two days. An action-packed page turner with several plot twists that I never saw coming. Seeing that this is a series, I am looking forward to the next two books for sure. If you love a good crime drama with action, then this is the book for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...