Monday, April 3, 2023

There's Something Wrong with Aunty Beth: A Collection of Horror

Another great collection of short stories from a fantastic author. I have yet to be disappointed by anything I have read by Mark Towse. 

This particular collection begins with a great sort of prequel to his book Nana (which is disgustingly weird and great read, go check it out). Each story though separate, definitely have something in common and I love it when authors do this. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes its subtle. A perfect collection of stories to give you the chills, heebee jeebies or worse down right dread. 

A few of my favorites from the collection include:

There's Something Wrong with Aunty Beth

The Fruits of Labour

An Old Romantic

Mother Dearest

Bucket of Chicken

A Bad Harvest

Mount Pleasant House

The Bedroom Window

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...