Friday, July 23, 2021

Goodreads=A Good Year


 At the beginning of the year, I made the decision to once again participate in the Goodreads year long reading challenge. I have participated in the past but have always kind of faltered and never completed my goal. 

I set a goal of 50 books for the year 2021. I never really expected to get close to it. I am a slow reader and as the title of my blog states, reading makes me sleepy. I don't know why but it does. These days, I often have a cup of coffee, while I am reading and it seems to help. 

I recently came across ARC books (advanced reader copy) books. I had no idea it was a thing and was a tad excited to make the discovery. I have been using Booksirens and just this week signed up for Netgalley. I like Booksirens better right now. For the month of July alone, I have read 17 books, which is unheard of for me, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the books I have been allowed to read in advance.

My goal is surpass my goal of 50. How far, I'm not sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...