Saturday, July 24, 2021

Here Comes The Homicide


This is the first book I have read by this author. Apparently this is a stand alone in what is called The Wedding Crasher series.

I love a good mystery. Especially ones that keep me guessing. Glory is a wedding planner in a small town. When she hit the town center statue with her car, she is horrified to see a dead body underneath, the dead body of her uncle. Her parents were killed when she was 5 in a car accident. Now there's rumors her father was involved in her uncles death. Can she clear her fathers name before its too late?

Overall I really enjoyed the story aspect. A family mystery, two rival towns, a wedding and a chicken romance. It had its moments where I chuckled and the mystery aspect was on point. But this is the third book in a row (not by this author) that has had the same "all men are worthless cheaters" trope and I'm over it. I could have done without the male bashing and lines like "I need to wash the taste of testosterone out of my mouth" and "boys will be boys".

I'm not sure if Ill check out the other two books in this series but Im thankful to have had the opportunity to read this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...