Sunday, July 25, 2021

Have You Seen Me?


I recieved this book for free for an honest review, thank you Booksirens.

I was on the waiting list for this book for a few weeks when I was finally chosen and boy was it worth the wait.

This is a classic mystery story with a little bit of a teen slasher and romance thrown in there. I literally could not stop reading it and thought for sure I knew who the killer was only to discover I was wrong. The twist ending is something I did not see coming.

Aubrey LaRoux is a woman who once attended Waverly Prep school. While she was attending the school as a teen, a fellow student went missing, as well as several students from the 90's. She's back at the school, this time as a history teacher. She's immediately drawn in by some of the students who are investigating the recent disappearance of a girl named, Lindsey. One by one the students she's helping start dying and she's now in a race against time to uncover the truth of the school and find the murderer.

I really enjoyed this story. At its core, its a murder mystery. I love a good murder mystery and even better is one that is action packed and keeps you guessing until the very end. Its also suspenseful and has a little romance in it that revolved around the teacher, Aubrey and the town sheriff Mason. I'm a sucker for a happy ending and this one did not disappoint. I really liked that it takes place in a real place, Louisiana. It brings things to life especially since I've been to Louisiana and I know what its like there.

All together I felt this was a really good story and it even kind of ends on a cliff hanger. I could definitely see a sequel, Id like to see what happens with Aubrey and Mason and what happens to the school. I will definitely be looking for more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...