Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Hide and Seek: Book 2


I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily. Thank you Booksirens.

This is the sequel book to Lost and Found. Another one that I read in a few hours.

Its three months later and Phoebe is still dealing with the fallout from her missing friend, Adele. Alan hasn't spoken to her since he left the hospital and she hates her job. She's still wanting to find out where her friend is, when she starts receiving letters from her, or are they from her?

The book picks up literally months after the last book ended and the continuation is well done. There's a lot of build up to the climax, a twist ending I didn't see coming until I was 3/4 of the way through and an ending that has closure, what more could you ask for?

I love how well the characters are plotted out. In depth, allowing us to get to know Alan and Phoebe better throughout, as well as Adele. The story is laid out really well, with emotional turmoil and heartbreak you can feel oozing from the pages. The suspense throughout literally had be turning pages quickly, so much that I felt I couldn't wait to find out what had happened to Adele.

Phoebes world start to unravel and she doesn't know who she can trust, and in turn neither do we. But in the end, the truth is exposed and lives will be destroyed.

I really liked both of these stories. I felt the pacing was nice and the suspense really kept me on the edge of my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...