Thursday, July 1, 2021

It Takes Two to Tango

 


** spoiler alert ** I received this book when I chose it from a list of ARC books I signed up to read on a whim. I tore through this book in one day. I could not put it down.


A magazine editor by the name of Plum Lockhart is fired from her high paying, stress filled job in New York out of the blue and is unsure of how to proceed in her life. She has no opportunities on the horizons and is offered a job by a contact she has in the Caribbean. The job is out of her purview, renting villas at a seaside resort. It meant to be temporary while she desperately searches for something in her preferred field of the fashion world.

She goes against policy and rents to some people she shouldn't, one of whom ends up dead. She immediately suspicious that its a murder but convincing the local police proves to be a difficult process. Plum pairs up with the resort head of security and starts fleshing out the murderer. She faces a small town where everyone knows everyone's business, a horrendous coworker dead set on sabotaging her and has to deal with threats on her life. Can she help catch the killer before they leave the island?

Ill be honest, the cover of the book was a huge draw to me. When I read the story on the back, I was intrigued to say the least. The main character in the story, Plum is literally nothing like me. She's a single, working woman, who has done nothing but focus on her career and has little to show for it. I wasn't sure I could relate. That being said, there were a few things she said within the story that I can definitely relate to and in the end, I ended up really liking her. The author redeemed her so to speak in the end and she gave vibrant descriptions of the food, clothes and the setting that made visions like a movie in my head.

The mystery part of the story was well written and definitely kept me guessing. There were more than a few times that I thought I had the killer pegged and then didn't! I love mysteries that are a surprise.

I highly recommend this book. It is the first I have read by Carrie Doyle but I thoroughly enjoyed it and will absolutely look into her other series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...