Thursday, July 1, 2021

The Sleepy Reader




As the title infers, I am a sleepy reader, reading makes me sleepy but I surely enjoy it. I have always loved reading. I really remember picking up reading a lot when I was around 12. My dad had a stack of true crime novels and I saw one that caught my eye. The Stranger Beside Me: The Shocking Inside Story of  Serial Killer Ted Bundy by Ann Rule. I was immediately hooked on true crime. I thoroughly enjoy the genre, especially the books with pictures, macabre I know but I am absolutely fascinated with serial killers. Probably why my favorite tv show is Dexter. 

I also enjoy mysteries. Going back to that time when I was 12, I also started reading Sherlock Holmes. I have had a pretty good obsession with all things British for as long as I can remember. 

I consider myself quite the anglophile. Along with Sherlock Holmes, I also enjoy reading books by Sue Grafton. She is by far one of my favorite authors. Sadly she passed away in 2017, leaving her alphabet series of books, incomplete, stopping at Y. 

Despite having a love of reading, once I had kids, I kind of stopped. I guess it just wasn't a priority anymore. Fast forward several years and I'm finding that with older children, I have a lot of time on my hands. So a few years back I decided to change that and started to read again. Unfortunately I find that too often it makes me sleepy and I can only read a little at a time. Coffee helps, lol. 

I recently signed up to do some ARC (advanced reader copy) reviews. I find it interesting and Im looking forward to finding new authors in the genres I prefer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...