Monday, July 19, 2021

The Woman He Used to Know


 I love a good mystery. Especially one that keeps me guessing until the very end.

Nick Ryan is a detective in Denver, Colorado. One night he's dispatched to a homicide only to discover not only does he know the victim, he has a sordid past with the victims wife, Elizabeth. As the spouse, she's automatically the prime suspect, despite protesting her innocence. Can Detective Ryan prove her innocence and uncover why her husband was killed before Elizabeth is arrested?

The story is written really well. The chemistry between Nick and Elizabeth is electric. I could definitely feel it. The pacing is fast and the chapters are short, which I like. It was a fast read, I had a really hard time putting it down. There are a few sex scene, fairly explicit, so if that's something you're not into then this might not be a good read for you. I felt the mystery aspect of it was written perfectly. I literally had no idea who it might be, although I had a few suspects. The romance part was nice too, and I'm a sucker for a happy ending. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will be looking for more from this author. Available September 1, 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...