Saturday, August 7, 2021

Seventeen Skulls


Jennifer Brennan is a social worker that helps run the local homeless shelter in Beaverbrook, Canada. When Buddy, a local homeless man dies, she realizes that he is the 8th homeless man killed in a year and a half or so. Why are these men dying? She suspects they're being murdered, but who would be doing it and why? And even worse, what is the connection between them and the notorious serial killer Eldon Grant? Can they figure it all out, before someone else dies?

When I picked this book, I didn't realize it was a supernatural thriller. I chose it because of the cover to be honest. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I love that it takes place in a real city. Although I don't know Canada very well, I was able to look up the location via maps. The pacing in this story was perfect. I was able to read it relatively quickly. The story itself is really intriguing. Astral projection. I do not know anything about it, not even sure its real, although I have heard things here and there. If it was and an inmate could do it, or just a bad person in general, that is very scary. The only thing I wasn't too sure about was the bad guy not getting his just desserts. But even with that being said, I really didn't see the ending coming. I really enjoyed this and will be looking for more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...