Monday, September 20, 2021

Death by Beach Read-Lighthouse Library Mystery #9


This is book nine in the Lighthouse Library Mystery series. I normally would have read the first 8 before starting this one but decided to go ahead and read it anyway. I'm glad I did, despite not knowing any back story, I thoroughly enjoyed this book.

Lucy works as a librarian at the Bodie Lighthouse Library. She is engaged to the local mayor, Connor McNeil. They have recently bought a historic house in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The house has stood empty for years and is in dire need of updating and renovations. They waste no time in getting started with the help of Connors father, Fred. Connor has to be out of town a few nights for work and Lucy starts hearing strange noises around her new home. Chalking it up to settling she refuses to believe the rumors of it being haunted. Lucy and Connor go out on evening only to return to a dead body in their kitchen, strangled to death with their cats leash. It doesn't take long to figure out the man is connected to the house and the secrets that are interred there. 

I really enjoyed this book. Another short, cozy mystery in a series that I really must pick up now. I love how the author is able to set up such a rich setting. Her notes state that the places she mentions are real, although the lighthouse isn't quite big enough to hold a library, but I love the idea that one could. If this book is any indication of how the other books are, I'm excited to see what other mysteries Lucy has been involved in. I happily give this book 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...