Sunday, September 19, 2021

Buried-Twisted Cedar Mysteries


I have had this book sitting on my shelf for awhile. The story was really intriguing and I don't know what took me so long to get to it. 

Dougal Lachlan is a true crime writer from the small Oregon town of Twisted Cedars and is now living in New York. As soon as he turned 18 he fled from the town to escape his trailer park life. He hasn't returned to his hometown in many years, not even to attend his mother funeral. While checking his email one morning, he is surprised to see a cryptic email from an anonymous source informing him of a series of murders. Four librarians were strangled in the 1970's. No one connected their deaths and they went unsolved. At almost the same time, he receives a wedding invitation from his sister. 

Curious about the cases involving the murdered librarians, not to mention his sisters wedding, he decides to take the drive across the USA back his hometown. While in Twisted Cedars he stumbles upon another deep secret, one involving his own father and strikes up a relationship with the local librarian, one that he never sees coming. 

All the characters are fleshed out well. With complex histories and the potential for more ahead, I happily give this five stars. There are two more books in this series and I cannot wait to read them. I highly recommend you check out this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...