Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Making A Killing

I was honored to be chosen to read this book in advance and I really loved it.

Natalia is a young woman who has been hidden away and abused by her mother for years. Her mother has told her her whole life that she is ugly, disfigured and not normal. After her cruel mother passes she decided to seek out her half-brother, Daniel, and try to be begin her life as a "normal" person. The thing is, she's not really normal. In fact, she's a psychopath. Her brother is not like her. He had a normal upbringing and would not understand her inclination towards killing. Daniel takes her in and after he is rejected by his business idol, Stuart, Natalia takes his future into her own hands. She strikes a deal with the prominent business man where in Daniel will get the job he wants and she will use her skills as an assassin to take out the people draining the business finances. Before too long, Daniel starts to suspect something is awry with his sister. Stuart and Natalia start to believe their sinister deceptions will soon be found out by Daniel.

I wont share much more as I don't want to spoil it. This book was fantastic. The writing is superb. The characters are intriguing and well written. The pacing is perfect, I was able to read this in one day. I ended up liking Natalia even though she's not really a very moral person. The ending had a huge twist that I did not see coming. I highly recommend this book and I am excited to see more from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...