Saturday, September 25, 2021

The Infant Spirits-Haunting Clarisse Book 4


Clarisse is back at it once again only this time her long time love, Harry is with her. After the events of the last book, Harry has decided to take a more active roll in her paranormal adventures. He buys a bunch of paranormal investigating gear from a couple of guys that helped out in Old Tailem.

This time they are called out to New Norfolk, Tasmania to Willow Court Asylum, a place where people who have mental illnesses were sent, hidden from society and the embarrassments they cause the local families. Clarisse is no stranger to the spirit world. But here she senses an immense evil. One that preys on the souls of babies.

She is determined to release the souls of these children and cleanse the town of this evil entity. However, this time she is faced with a new complication, she is pregnant and the vile entity is targeting her unborn child. The devilish spirit seeks to take her child to complete his plan, can she make it through her toughest battle to date and save not only her child but the fates of the restless infant spirits?

Janice Tremayne has done it again. Setting up an atmosphere of pain, sadness, and suspense but also hope. That good will conquer evil. I really like the character of Clarisse. She is strong and independent, yet caring and true. Harry is a fun skeptic who is starting to see that not all things can be explained by science. I love that she brought in Paranormal Jacks son, I felt that was a nice touch and provided some closure.

All in all, I really liked this book. Once again, it ends on kind of a cliff hanger so I am hopeful that there will be more stories involving Clarisse and Harry and maybe even Paranormal Jack, Jr. The pacing was fast and I could not wait to see what happened to Clarisse this time. I managed to read this in a few hours. I highly recommend these books all though I will admit I like books 2-4 the best. The first book is more of a romance story in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...