Wednesday, September 29, 2021

They Only Come At Night


I was gifted this book by the author for an honest review. 

For as long Anna Griessmer can remember she has suffered terrible night terrors. Anna is a tough, strong-willed ambitious woman. She is on a elite team in the Army called the Night Stalkers. She is the only woman in her regiment and often has to fly across enemies to retrieve other soldiers. That is until one night, a mission takes a terrible turn. After losing her left leg, she is now retired and back in her childhood home in Crested Butte, Colorado. A sprawling log cabin set on 300 acres. She is now living with her sister, Sara and her niece Izzy. The nightmares are back and this time they are not only affecting her, they are terrorizing her niece as well. 

Within the town, there have been several mysterious deaths. A woman who looked as if a vampire had drained her blood, an inexplicable fire that consumed a house killing both occupants, and a mountain lion attack on a local man. The weird thing is, Anna has had dreams of these very things. An ancient spirit known as a skin walker is stalking Anna and those around her, dead set on reclaiming what was taken from it. Can Anna find the peace within herself and defeat the malevolent spirit before it destroys her and the ones she loves?

Oh man! This story. Taking place in Colorado and intertwining American culture with that of the Native Americans, this story is one of spirituality, shame, fear, love and power. I love the fact that it takes place in real towns. Even more was the Native American aspect of it. I dont know a lot about Native American beliefs but if they are like the ones in this book, I find them to be extremely fascinating. The last few chapters were chocked full of thrilling suspense and the ending! A twist I never saw coming. I thought for sure I knew who the skin walker was, but nope! I was surprised!

I highly recommend this book, especially if you like paranormal thrillers. You can check out his website here David Scott Weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...