Wednesday, October 6, 2021

The Women of Blackmouth Street


If you are a fan of Jack the Ripper stories, then this is the book for you. A historical thriller that is fast-paced and one you will not be able to put down.

Georgia Buchanan is an alienist, a mind doctor as they call her, a psychologist. With Victorian London in the late 1800's as our setting, we find someone who is not your typical woman for her time. Educated, independent and opinionated, Georgia is  thrust into a world of murder, secrets and scandal. Someone has been murdering women in London's East End. She is determined to find the killer of these women, even at the cost of her own sanity. At first I thought this just was another Jack the Ripper book, I was much surprised to find out the author gave it a new spin, one I was not expecting. 

The characters will definitely hold your attention and as someone who has read a lot about Jack the Ripper, the research done to convey this story was done very well. A graphic story with a backdrop that focuses on mental illness and those misunderstood with it, this story will keep you entertained for sure. I really enjoyed this story. Like I said, I have read and watched a lot when it comes to the story and lore of Jack the Ripper. This book had more of feminist feel to it than I normally prefer. But all in all, I really liked the idea of the story. I received this book free from Booksirens for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...