Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Nana-Mark Towse

I am giving this story five stars based solely on the fact that it grossed me out throughout the entire story. Leaking black ooze, descriptions of putrid smells and naked, decaying old people. 

Ivy or Nana as she's known to Olly, her grandson, is a peculiar older woman who lives alone and bakes the most amazing cherry pies. On this occasion, Olly is going to be spending the night with her as his parents are going to be going out to reconcile as they have been having a rough go in their marriage. She lives in the quaint community of Newhaven Crescent. All the residents there are elderly and seem to share the same affliction, black oozing sores, pustules and a horrid smell. After he arrives, she takes him to the local community center where they are having a talent show. It starts off innocent enough but all too soon it's going to get bizarre, then scary and downright disgusting. Just what did Olly's parents get him into, and can he survive the night alone with his Nana?

I had previously read Hope Wharf also by this author and I really enjoyed it. This one was.... well, disgusting. You just have to read it to know what I am talking about. I did like the story overall and I'm one of those people who likes to share my disgust so I would most definitely recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...