Sunday, April 24, 2022

Murder Next Door- A Charlie Kingsley Mystery #3


This is the third book I've read about Charlie Kingsly and her sleuthing in Redemption, Wisconsin. Charlie owns and operates a tea and tincture business out of her home but on the side she's quite the amateur detective.

This time the story involves a missing teenage girl, a vampire and a dead body in the backyard of yet another missing person, Jonas, a local postman. Drake Crimson (who doesn't love that name) is the suspected vampire who is housesitting for Jonas, who is on vacation, although no one can say if that's true or not. Hes not actually a vampire, obviously, he has a medical condition, but it does make for some laugh out loud moments with everyone talking about a vampire in the town.

I really enjoy this series. Charlie is a likeable character, and her cohorts are fun as well. Mildred is kind of whacky with her accusations of Drake being a vampire. Pat is very knowledgeable about the goings on in the town but is down to earth. There is a new player in town, Rowena, a psychic, who Charlie is suspicious of but has not evidence that she's done anything wrong. And of course, there is still the tense relationship between Charlie and the local police officer, Wyle. I'm secretly hoping that they eventually get together.

All in all, this was another home run hit for me. I love how short the chapters are and how well the story comes together. I am curious about the Polly disappearance as I felt that maybe there was more to the story that wasn't revealed, maybe that's being saved for later. This is a great series, and you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...