Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Other People's Lives- J.E. Rowney


"Other people's lives were never as interesting as ours". What a ride! This book is one of those, "holy crap! what did I just read?" type of books. Halfway through the book I thought for sure that I had it figured out and yet, I was wrong. I never saw it ending the way it did. 

Sophies husband Jack has been missing for seven months, just up and disappeared, or has he? On top of his disappearance, Sophie believes she is being watched, although she can't prove it. So where is Jack and is she indeed being watched and followed or is it just her imagination running wild? She starts to see a psychiatrist, Dr. Thacker to help to deal with Jacks disappearance. What Sophie doesn't know is that Dr. Thacker is obsessed with her. Is he the one stalking her? What exactly happened to Jack?

This book is all the twists and turns you can handle and more. The story is well written, weaving in and out, and leading us to a place, that I myself, never guessed. The book goes back and forth between Dr. Thacker's observations and letters that Sophie is writing Jack. Its not a long book, but it sure packs a punch! The last few chapters did feel a bit rushed but all in all this book is a definite must read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...