Monday, April 18, 2022

Unknown Event- School Marshal Novel Book 3


Evil wears many faces. That is a statement written on the back of the book and I couldn't agree more. This is yet another fantastic read from the very talented Robin Lyons. Robin Lyons is a former teacher turned author and I thoroughly enjoy her Marshal MacKenna series. 

This is the third book in the Mac Mackenna series. He is single and recently retired from a 20-year career the U. S. Air Force. His specialty being pararescue. He lives alone with is German Shephard Roxy. Having returned to his hometown, he is now school marshal of the prestigious Blackstone Academy.

The book opens with the death of a young boy, a child prodigy, Theyn Seder. Shortly after he is found murdered in the bathroom at the school, another student and her entire family are found murdered outside their home in their car. Who could have done this and why? Who would murder innocent children? Mac is soon drawn into the investigation and it's up to him and the local police to uncover the truth and catch the culprit. Is it another student, a faculty member or someone else unbeknownst to them?

As a mother, this story once again hits home. My oldest is the only one who has ever been in public school and I'm beyond thankful that something like this never happened while he was there. I have been blessed to have been able to homeschool all three of my children, with one now graduated. I have many reasons for homeschooling. One of which is this exact thing. But more than the list of reasons I am not a fan of public schools, the main reason I homeschool is that I really enjoy having my kids home. I cannot fathom losing one of them.

This is a fantastic series. MacKenna is a strong, manly man who knows how to get things done. The chapters are short, but the pacing is fast. The last few chapters I was a basket of emotions. From my heart throbbing to tears at the end as they dedicate things at the school to the children lost, this book will have you on the edge of your seat, not wanting to put the book down for anything. This is definitely a binge worthy reading series. I cannot wait to see what MacKenna is up to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...