Thursday, April 14, 2022

Crows- Mark Towse


This is the third book by Mark Towse that I have read. The first being Hope Wharf that I received as an ARC and thoroughly enjoyed, and the second being Nana, that I sought out and was completely grossed out but in a good way. Mark Towse is quickly becoming an author that I will read no matter what because his stories are so immersive.

Patrick is a priest and the father of a young girl who committed suicide and he is deep within his grief when the story begins. We get a glimpse of what his life has become but it's about to get a whole lot weirder. 

The next leg of the story features Vanessa, Rich, Scott and Sophie. Vanessa and Scott are each visited by a crow, and each receive an invitation to a Halloween party. Taking Rich and Sophie as their plus ones, the group head out on a mysterious journey to find the party. After traveling for what seems an eternity, they arrive at a dilapidated shop where a woman dresses as a crow scares the hell out of them. They eventually arrive at the party and things take a very dark turn from there. 

I won't go in to much else, lest I give away any spoilers. Suffice it to say that this book is fantastic. Even though its a novella, you can totally immerse yourself in the setting, the story and you can see the characters are perfectly written. The plot twist is one you'll never see coming. I have long been fascinated with crows and this book just reiterates that fascination and gives me a new view on what crows might actually be up to. This is not a book that should be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...