Thursday, April 7, 2022

Unknown Alliance-School Marshal Novels Book 2

Another great book from Robin Lyons! The topic of this book is one that I am aware of especially given that I am a parent. I have a daughter and I can't say that I wouldn't do different than the father in this story. Online predators are a very real threat that cannot be ignored no matter how much you trust your child. 

Mac Mackenna is a school marshal at the prestigious Blackstone Academy. A teenage girl is assaulted at a neighborhood party, the father, Scott, reaches out to Mac to help find the culprit but has asked him not to contact the police until they have more evidence. So, Mac starts asking around without arousing suspicion. As the investigation deepens it will take a turn that even Mac never sees coming. 

This book is full of mystery and intrigue! Not only is there the story of the assault, but there's also a missing kid and a mysterious new classmate, RaeAnn, whose parents were killed in a car crash, and she's been sent to live with wealthy first-time foster parents. I'm very interested to see how her story is going to plan out. 

I like that the story is told from different perspectives. We get glimpses into each storyline. The chapters are short, and the pacing has a really great build up, finishing with a twist that I never saw coming! I had a feeling as to who the culprit might be but was still shocked when he was revealed. There were several times I felt my pulse throbbing and I couldn't wait to turn the page to find out what was going to happen.

Even though the topic is a sensitive one, its one I feel is very important in this day and age. We as parents must play an active role in our children's lives. Especially those whose kids are in public school. As a homeschool mom, I have the privilege of seeing my kids all day, every day. I actively monitor what they watch, who they talk to and what they are exposed to. For us, that means, no cell phones. It also means no unmonitored computer use. Some may say I'm being too protective but seeing as I keep seeing adults being arrested for hurting kids, I don't think I am. It's a fine line as a parent we must walk, and this is one book I think teens and parents alike should read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...