Sunday, August 7, 2022

Horrific Modern Tales


This book was a short read, under an hour. The cover gave me immediate Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark vibes and the artwork on the inside was just as haunting. The stories themselves were good. Some were shorter than others, so short that I thought I'd missed something. They ended abruptly leaving me wondering what the heck I just read. I love a level of ambiguity, but I felt a few of the stories needed more. 

Each story is well written despite my misgivings about the length or the abrupt ending. The illustrations in the book are fantastic! Just what I remembered from similar books as a kid. The stories are clean enough for middle school aged children but strong enough that adults can enjoy them too. All in all, this is a solid read and would be a great addition to any horror library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...