Sunday, August 7, 2022

The Perils of Poison-Lemon Tree Bay Mysteries: Book 3

Megan Mayfair has done it again! The third book in the Lemon Tree Bay mystery series is just as great if not better than the first two. I really love a good cozy mystery and these books have it all. Murder, mystery, intrigue, and a little romantic drama as well. 

The series centers around Clara Mitchell. She is a local hairdresser and amateur detective. She has been dating Lucas for a while now and their relationship looks to be heading in a more permanent direction. Claras ex-boyfriend, Adam Billings, a local cop, is also around and often causes trouble between Lucas and Clara. 

Clara and her mother regularly attend a local yoga class. One evening the class ends abruptly when the yoga teacher keels over dead from an apparent poisoning. This sets off an investigation that leads to finding out the yoga teacher wasn't who she said she was and the disappearance of Gigi's (Claras assistant at the salon) boyfriend, Ollie. Is it possible he disappeared because he was involved in the yoga teacher's death? We soon find out that there is more going on in the small town than anyone could tell from the outside. Adam is convinced the death of the yoga teacher and Ollies disappearance are related. After he is targeted with a lower dose of poison, Clara is determined to figure out exactly what's going on. Putting herself in danger yet again. Can Clara find out what's going on, before another person is hurt?

I really love this series, so I went ahead and pre-ordered this one awhile back. As with the others, I was not disappointed. The characters of the story are so rich and well written, it's hard not to fall in love with them and get caught up in their lives. I found myself trying to decide who to root for when it comes to who Clara should be with, Adam or Lucas. They both have good qualities so it's a hard choice. This book ended on somewhat of cliff hanger in regard to Claras love life and I have to admit, I cannot wait for the next book. The mystery itself, as usual, is well written and the setting is absolutely perfect. Makes me want to live in Lemon Tree Bay. I highly recommend this series and definitely look forward to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...