Saturday, October 15, 2022

Liminality-Book 2 in the Ancient Ones Trilogy

Cassandra Thompson has done it again! I really enjoyed this book, honestly, I liked it more than the first one. The characters continued to grow and evolve, and we got even more in depth with their back stories. Picking up right where the first book left off, the book opens by giving us some background on the first book which was nice and gave just enough info for those who haven't read it and refreshed the memories of those that had. 

Throughout the book, we are given varying viewpoints from each character. Delving us deeply into their history, retrieving lost memories and sharing adventure stories. Cassandra once again takes us on a journey through a plethora of myths and legends. I love all the research you can tell the author did. Weaving Irish, Greek, Egyptian, African and French history all together, in a way that makes sense. Of course, we can forget the vampires and Lycans and the gods and goddesses. 

While normally I would give a little blurb about the plot, if I do that, I risk giving away spoilers from the first book. So instead, I'll just say, this is a fantastic series and well worth a read. The characters, the locations, the in-depth research done for this book makes it nothing less than a beautifully written piece of art. I have the third installment ready as an ARC and have already started it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...