Monday, December 26, 2022

Paper Targets

The author of the book reached out to me and asked me to read this, and I am so glad that I accepted. This is an intriguing story, and you will not be disappointed. It took me way too long to get to this book and I really wish I had gotten to it sooner. 

The story revolves around Enzi. As a boy he struggled with dyslexia and stuttering. His parents were academics, yet he had a hard time in school. He realized young that math was his strongest subject. His mother passed away when he was young, and his father retreated into a bottle. He quickly ran away from home and job hopped from town to town, finally settling in Montana. There he would meet a friend, Nate O'Neill. He was a juggler and a computer coder. He taught Enzi that juggling, and computer coding were very similar, and they formed a partnership and eventually created a company that took off and was bought out by a huge conglomerate. Enzi ends up meeting a woman named Kaori and things take a turn when she is arrested for assaulting her ex-boyfriend. I don't want to spoil the rest of the story. You'll just have to read it. 

The whole book is written beautifully. It reads from a first-person view and feels like one big, long confession. The book is a mystery but it's also so much more than that. It's a story of a man who realizes, somewhat, too late that he's in too deep with the wrong people. He rights his wrong, but not before others are hurt in the process. It's a story of loneliness, longing and love. It's about finding yourself and being who you truly are. For a bit through the story, I really thought the book was going to end badly. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it has a happy ending. Montana is one of those places that I have always wanted to visit. The descriptions in this book make me want to visit even more. Hopefully someday I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...