Tuesday, January 24, 2023

The Haunting of Bridge Manor-The Trilogy

I am taking a break from my ARC list of books and have had this on my Kindle for a long time. Finally decided to read it and I have to say, I really enjoyed it. 

Rachel McAllister has been in a medically induced coma for two years. After waking, she continues having horrific nightmares and her parents decide to take her to a different place to see if a change would help her. They find an old house on a lake that seems perfect. However, the neighbor tells Rachel to be careful, that it is not all that it seems with the house and the lake. 

Not long after they move in, Rachel starts experiencing strange things around the house. Unexpected noises, things moving around or disappearing, and a lady walking around the house. Rachel discovers a basement in the house and that's when they start to figure out who owned the house before and what happened there. Things go from bad to worse as the story progresses. 

The book is divided into three sections. First is The Lake Has Eyes, the second is The Dark Shadow and lastly the Lady of the Lake. We get the backstory on the house in certain chapters, and I really liked that. We also get different viewpoints from different family members. Overall, I felt this was a great straight forward story, great for young adults and adults alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...