Saturday, July 10, 2021

Angel Eyes: A Penny Wright Novel


 I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily. Thank you Booksirens.

A.N. Willis has done it again! Penny Wright is back with a fantastic new story.

Penny Wright is a medium who can see ghosts. She's living in L.A. when she decides to return home for Thanksgiving. While home a mystery unfolds surrounding a house, January House. A house that has a tumultuous past and rumors of ghosts living there. An artist living there died under seemingly normal circumstances, but of course, there's more to it.

This book takes Pennys abilities to a whole new level. New characters are fleshed out and old ones become more developed. One thing I really love about this authors books, is the use of past writing. In her other stories, they were conveyed through past letters, in this book we see the past though an online interview and some letters as well. It gives the reader glimpses of the past that the characters aren't aware of yet.

Suspenseful, emotional (I was crying during the last few chapters) and filled with detailed descriptions, this is a fast paced ride that I was more than willing to take. I am hopeful that there will be more from Penny Wright. This book kind of ended on a cliff hanger and I am more than excited to read the next book in this series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...