Thursday, July 8, 2021

Devils Night

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Another great read from A.N. Willis.

I do not normally read ghost stories. I do not like being scared while reading, which I guess is weird since I like horror and ghost story movies. But there's something different about reading a ghost story vs watching one.  I'm very visual and when I read its like a movie playing out and I'm easily scared. 

That being said, I was intrigued but this story.

Penny is a young girl who has a job as a PR rep with a history of seeing ghosts, starting when she was 5 years old. She pitches an ad campaign set in Eden, a town with a violent history. For her, its coming home to her past, to deal with her family, a lost love and the ghosts of not just her past but that of the town too. 

Along side her story, is a story set in the late 1800s ( I really have a thing with that time period). I loved the back and forth. The story taking place in 2019 and the story taking place in 1894. The author does a great job of dual story telling, really transporting you back to that time.

This book has a lot going for it. Mystery, paranormal, romance, and suspense. I literally did not want to put it down. There were a few times I got teary eyed and I found myself yearning for Penny to finally end up with her lost love. 

This is a series that I am definitely looking forward to more of. In fact I have the next book ready to go to start tomorrow. I will definitely be looking for more from this author.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...