Sunday, July 4, 2021

Deadly Illusions

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily. Thank you Booksirens

As I sit here reeling from reading this book all I can think is: I am stunned.

I usually stick to the same authors and don't go outside of my comfort zone often so when I decided to try ARC reading, I wasnt sure what I was in for. The description of this book was intriguing and Im so glad I opted to try it. The romance/suspense genre being new for me.

Jenna is an ordinary woman who believes she has met "the one", until one day he lashes out at her and everything changes. The story is so real. The characters are so alive.

The over arching story is one of survival and resilience, a love story but not in a fairytale way. I can definitely relate to the electric connection between Jenna and her savior, Damian.

I believe this to be a novel that no one should dismiss as just another romance novel. It is so much more than that. I was on the edge of my seat the entire read and got teary eyed near the end. I will definitely be checking out more from this author. This book releases 12/10/2021.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...