Monday, July 5, 2021

Emma and the Minotaur

I have to admit I was originally interested in this book because my daughters name is Emma. Aside from that I have a love of mythical creatures. Centaurs and unicorns are my favorite. The minotaur have always seemed menacing and boy is he in this book. I did not realize I had chosen a young adult novel but I thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be looking for the next book in the series.


Emma is an 11 year old little girl, (my daughter turns 11 this year) and she's fairly ordinary. She lives at home with her dad and brother. One day at school she sees a boy she thinks is a wizard because he seems to disappear. She follows him and they become friends when he tells her his father went missing after being in the local woods. Soon others from the town are missing and strange creatures start to immerge. (I wont give too much else lest I spoil things.) 


A young, fierce and brave girl, can Emma save the people and find her purpose before its too late?


I wasn't sure what to expect when I came across this book. I literally could not put it down. The pacing is wonderful and it is definitely a page turner. I also did not realize that its a series and it kind of ends on a cliff hanger and I am very anxious to see what happens in the next book. I will absolutely be looking to pick up the next book and look forward to the third book due out this year.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...