Sunday, July 4, 2021

Thrifty Junkie




 Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a thrift store junkie. I have been literally all my life. My parent used to take us to flea markets when we lived in Florida. Im talking about miles of stalls, not just a few inside an expo building. As a child, I collected unicorn statues, I still have a lot of them. I am a saver, especially of sentimental items. 

Lately though, Ive been adding to my ever growing library. A few years back I decided to get back in to reading, a pastime I greatly enjoy but had gotten away from as an adult. 

Yesterday, I went out the flea market to pick up some things I had previously purchased, and ended up with some books instead. I also went to an independent bookstore, For the Love of Books. A great little place, owned by some very nice ladies and really great prices. 

I also love to collect Frankoma pottery, strawberry items for my kitchen and the occasional mid-century item if I can find it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Hot Murder-Charlie Kingsley Mystery #6

Another extraordinary book from Michele PW! If I could give this 10 stars I would. I absolutely love the Charlie Kingsley series. The fictio...